The Duke GME Office offers a Professional Development Coaching Program for fellows in the Department of Medicine. Please contact DukeCoaching@dm.duke.edu for more information and how to participate.
Coaching builds skills of well-being and leadership, and provides physicians a safe place to:
- Identify challenges and opportunities
- Develop strategies to set and achieve medical, career, and personal goals
- Process the stresses of clinical practice
What Does Coaching Offer?
We help physicians build skills of well-being and leadership by:
- Grounding decision-making in values
- Navigating emotions
- Leading from strengths
- Embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Setting and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Exploring career purpose and meaning
- Practice team building
How Do We Coach?
We tailor coaching to the needs of individual Departments. Options include:
- 1:1 Coaching
- Small group facilitated learning
- Professional development workshops